What does preventative maintenance include?
Preventative maintenance varies according to the particular products installed on site. The example below illustrates what preventative maintenance is involved for a typical barrier system
- Check exterior for damage to cabinet
- Check cabinet is not loose on plinth
- Unlock door and inspect lock
- Check any earth connections to cabinet for tightness and corrosion
- Check rubber seal
- Check keyswitch for tightness and operation, if applicable
- Raise barrier and turn off power
- Release hood catch
- Check motor-gearbox fixing bolts, retighten if required
- Inspect gearbox for any leaks or damage
- Check tightness of cams on shaft
- Grease top bearings
- Grease rod ends
- Remove motor terminal cover and check for tightness and insulators for damage
- Check operation of limit switches
- Replace limit switches as per schedule
- Check fixings on arm assembly, retighten if required
- Check arm balances
- Check condition of jack knife, adjust tension rod if applicable
- Remove control box cover
- Check connections are secure
- Check all connections for tightness in terminals
- Check plug is securely fitted to detector
- Inspect PCB for damage
- Check all connections for tightness on both main contactors
- Replace both main contactors as per schedule
- Refit control box cover
- Restore power and retune detectors
- Test system with vehicle as appropriate
- Remove loop tails from terminals and carry out mega test on loops: record results on FSR
- Check earth bonding
- Check earth loop impedance
N.B. Not all checks / procedures are carried out in every instance
When should I expect my next preventative maintenance visit?
If you would like to know when your next preventative maintenance visit is due please complete the short form below and submit to us.
Should you prefer to contact us by phone please call +44 (0)20 8515 8510
How do I renew my contract?
Contracts are automatically renewed. Should you wish to cancel your contract we require three months written notice.
Will APT Security Systems service equipment that has not been supplied or installed by APT?
Yes, subject to satisfactory inspection of equipment. However, we are only able to offer customers ServiceCare or Extended ServiceCare contracts.
Customers should be aware that whilst we will endeavour to source parts for equipment not supplied by APT we cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all instances.